Tuesday, October 22, 2013

iExamen 2



Brianna Catania
EN 101 16
Professor Ellis
22 October 2013
                                                            My Self Observation
            My alarm sounded at 9:45 this morning. Getting out of my comfy bed was extremely difficult. The blinds were down, so I wasn’t able to see what kind of day it was outside, but for some reason I knew it wasn’t a beautiful one. I opened my blinds to see if I was correct, I was. It was drizzling a bit and very dark. I dragged my tired body to the bathroom and began to wash up and get ready for class. My roommates and I are extremely close and every morning we say “good morning” to one another, but this morning was different. I noticed one of my roommates had gotten up and called someone over the phone right away. She had gotten very bad news and was very upset. My roommates and I all gave her a group hug until she said it was okay for us to let go. I know when I’m upset I want to be hugged by a friend or family member. It makes me feel so much better and I’m sure others feel the same way. I told her everything was going to be okay and if she needed me to text me throughout the day.
            I used to use twitter often, but lately I haven’t found the time. Last night I couldn’t fall asleep, so I decided to go on twitter. It’s been about a week since I’ve posted anything. I began to laugh out loud as I read some of my friends tweets. Most of them were about being hung over and others were about not wanting to go to class. I could tell which of my friends really took college seriously just by reading their tweets. I often find myself checking instagram, but today, it seemed like I was checking it even more. My boyfriend yelled at me for being on “social media” while we were having lunch earlier. “It’s just addicting,” I said. Usually I would reply with a nasty comment, but today I didn’t.  I replied without an attitude and a calm tone. I remembered that today, as well as every day, I should communicate under three conditions, kindly, usefully, and truly. Although this weather makes me feel down, it wasn’t going to affect my mood. I know it is rude to check instagram while I’m in the middle of a conversation, but sometimes I just have the urge to stalk my instagram friends. I need to learn how to limit checking my social media. And you would think after the amount of times I’ve tripped and walked into poles that I would learn to distance myself from my cell phone.
            Yesterday while I was on the phone with my mom, I told her about this assignment and that I am allowed to add humor and express myself in my writing. Her reply was, “You better not use any curse words.” Yes, I have to admit, curse words do slip out of my mouth at times, but am I the only one? Definitely not. I really enjoyed this assignment as well as the first iExamen assignment. This iExamen has allowed me to self-observe my actions and how I communicate with others. I vow to try and always be kind, useful, and true, not matter what the circumstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment